Drilling Down on Local ’08: Marketplaces is the ultimate local advertising and services conference by The Kelsey Group, the first name in ‘local’ since 1986. Programmed by lead analysts Peter Krasilovsky and Matthew Booth, the conference has been designed to bring together all the opportunities in the $120 billion local space as the transition to online (and mobile) evolves.
At the center of it all, for the first time, is a major focus on high-value classifieds and verticals, including entertainment, events, automotive, real estate, dining, home and garden, and health. These categories, long underserved by traditional local media, are using the Internet and mobile marketing to effectively target their customers and bring them beyond classifieds and Yellow Pages. As case studies, they resonate across the board.
Our analysis shows that category spending is up by more than 300 percent in many categories due to their successful verticalization. In other cases, online applications are proving to be the disruptive forces that can dislodge (or reinforce) traditional media.
Why This Conference Is So Compelling
At its core, Drilling Down is directly derived from The Kelsey Group’s research programs. Every speaker is specifically invited based on their innovative leadership. For example:
- Fox Interactive Media SVP Adam Bain on MySpace’s local agenda
- Zillow.com CEO Rich Barton on expanding the Real Estate ecosystem with EZAds
- Yahoo! GM Michael Yang on the portal’s reach across verticals
- Cars.com CEO Mitch Golub on the changing dynamics of the automotive industry and how cars.com provides a one-two punch with its newspaper partners.
- Seattle Times Co. SVP of Interactive Patricia Lee Smith on targeting the new urban consumer
- Microsoft GM Erik Jorgensen on how MS is deeply entrenching itself in every aspect of local
- YellowBook Chief Digital Officer Pat Marshall on synching up one of the most prominent IYPs with Web 2.0
More Reasons to Attend
- Speakers. Over 40 top-ranked speakers confirmed so far.
- Research. New research initiatives, including our Local Commerce MonitorSM and our brand new Auto Dealers & Online survey, conducted with Ward’s Magazine.
- Innovation. See several great demos and visit with some of the best companies in the Drilling Down on Local ’08 exhibit hall.
- Networking. As longtime attendees know, the senior level, decision-maker networking doesn’t get any better than a Kelsey conference. Bring an ample supply of business cards to exchange at a wide range of formal and informal networking opportunities throughout the conference. We’ll also help you connect online before and after the event through our LinkedIn and Facebook groups.
Check out the agenda. No other conference this year has as much potential to help your business grow as Drilling Down on Local ‘08: Marketplaces.